What we’re up to in June
We have some awesome events coming up in the first week of June, both in Ilkley and Leeds, so I thought it would be best to share all the details in one place. Here’s to a busy and super fun weekend!
1. June 2nd- Ilkley Great Get Together ‘Bake Off’ competition
For any budding bakers or cake enthusiasts in the Ilkley area, this first event of the weekend is right up your street! As a warm up event for the Ilkley Great Get Together, the team are hosting a Bake Off competition on the June 2nd at the Ilkley Baptist Church. If you love to bake or want to get your kids involved in some friendly competition, definitely come along!
The bake off is split into three categories, and I amongst other amazing cake makers in the Ilkley area have been asked to judge your lovely cakes! Here are the categories and the prizes for the winners:
1. Four Great Get Together Fairy Cakes – children’s competition: four identical fairy cakes that capture the Great Get Together theme. Judge: Love Brownies, and a prize of a box of four brownies and tote bag.
2. A Picnic on a Plate – four homemade picnic items, two savoury and at least one cake, that a young person has made with an older person (retirement age). This one is a two-person entry. Judge: A baking expert from Bettys and prize of Afternoon Tea for two at the Ilkley Café Tea Rooms.
3. The Ilkley Great Get Together Show Stopper – Adult competition: Let your imagination run riot and provide a delicious sponge cake with at GGT theme. Judge: Me! (Alice from Copper Spoon Cakery) and our prize is a box of 12 Bundt Cakes of your choice.
The Bake Off team have asked that entrants bring their cakes to the Ilkley Baptist Church for 9am with judging at 10am. Tea and coffee will be served as well, and lots of delicious cake! There will also be entertainment by the Two Rivers Band who are having an open rehearsal that morning.
2. June 3rd- Royal Armouries BIG wedding fair
I’m so excited for this event as it’s our first ever wedding fair. The BIG wedding fair takes place in the Royal Armouries, Leeds between 11am-3:30pm.
I’ve had so much fun designing our display cakes and choosing our sample flavours from our HUGE wedding cake menu (it was really difficult to choose…). For anyone that’s just got engaged, already planning their wedding or even looking for last minute bookings for the big day, this is not an event to be missed.
All of the stallholders are offering something special for the day, whether it’s a percentage discount, free gift or an additional service, so you can grab yourself some incredible deals! We can’t wait to showcase our new designs and chat to all the brides and grooms to be, we’re offering something really special to those who put down a deposit on the day….
20% OFF your wedding cake package, plus a FREE box of cake samples to take home with you on the day. We never offer such a good discount on our wedding cakes and this will only be available on the day, so make sure you don’t miss out. We’ll also be selling our cake sample boxes for a reduced price if you would like to take some away.
Tickets for the wedding fair are FREE and can still be found on the Eventbrite website: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-big-wedding-sale-royal-armouries-tickets-43020101281
3. June 3rd- Real Food Ilkley Market
For those who will be around in Ilkley on Sunday 3rd June, we will once again be at the Real Food Ilkley market. Although we’re attending the wedding fair in Leeds, i’ll still be baking some fresh goodies for my lovely helpers to sell on the day. All our bundt cakes and layer cakes are made with organic and local ingredients, and we love to share new flavours every month.
We hope you love the selection we’ve chosen for this Sunday, if you were hoping to chat to me about bespoke cakes at the market, feel free to take a business card and get in touch through social or my email!
We hope to see some of you this weekend and keep our fingers crossed for good weather! x