I started my blog in February which makes me a total newbie, so to be nominated twice in one week for blogger awards is so exciting! It’s so nice to get feedback about my blog and to share my passion with a lovely and supportive community. Today i’ll be talking about my Blogger Recognition Award nomination, so keep an eye out for a blog next week about my second award! 🙂
Firstly, thank you to the lovely Nicolas at Blogtastic Food for the Blogger Recognition Award nomination, I love your blog so I’m delighted that the feeling is mutual!
Here are the rules for the nominees:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post responding to the nomination.
- Give a short story on how you started your blog.
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Let the bloggers know that you have nominated them. And provide them with a link to the post you created.
Here is a little story about how I started my blog.
I’ve always been a baker, even as a child I would look forward to Sundays when I would try and create simple cookies, cakes and biscuits from my mum’s recipe books. I went through all the typical disasters of burning cakes and making some questionable creations. But as they say, practice makes perfect!
Over the years I’ve developed my baking and decorating skills, taking classes after work and reading countless recipe books. I wanted an outlet to experiment with recipes and try a hand at photography, and so I finally got round to setting up my blog! I’m loving it so far, but i’m still very much at the beginning of my journey… here’s to plenty more bakes!
Here are 2 pieces of advise for my fellow newbie bloggers:
- Don’t underestimate how much time a blog takes! Set time aside every week for photos, editing, writing and keeping in touch with bloggers and followers.
- There will always be someone out there who loves your style and quirks! It’s so easy to compare yourself to others, but don’t be afraid to try something different and follow your own path.
Here are my nominees:
Make sure to check out these blogs as they’re fantastic! 🙂 x